Monday, February 28, 2011

Who are you praying for...who is praying for you?

Ephesians 3:16-19

I pray that HE:

I [Paul, as an example for you] pray [request of my God] that out of HIS glorious riches [what would God consider were His glorious riches: GRACE, FAITH, HUMILITY, COURAGE?] He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being. [which was/is a gift to you in salvation] So that Christ may dwell in your hearts [enrich your life, convict your flesh nurture your soul and increase your knowledge and wisdom] through Faith.

I pray that YOU:

I [Paul, as an example for you] pray that you [the vessle God intends to use] being rooted [grounded, intwined, deeply clung to] and established [belonging to] in love [GOD] may have power together with all the saints [other believers] to grasp [understand] how wide and long and high and deep [vast] is the love of Christ [for you, specifically!] and to know this love that surpassed knowledge [deeper than mentality] that you may be filled [overflowing] to the measure of all fullness of God.

Honestly, how many of us really take Paul's example and make it a priority to pray for those around us? What would it look like? How would our lives be different? And if we were prayed for by those around us, like Paul prayed for the people in Ephesus.

I hope this challenges you like it has me this week!

0 comments: