Thursday, February 24, 2011

Perfection vs. Proximity

Ephesians 2: 13

"But now in Christ Jesus, you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ."

This verse hits an area of how I truly feel about RELIGION. However, it is what I read between the lines. AND what religious forces between the lines.

(Please know, this is MY opinion, and if yours differs, I would love to hear your point of veiw. I in no way think I have it all figured out. I just write what is on my heart.)

Religion, was once a familiar thing in my life, until I discovered a RELATIONSHIP with my God. At that point the blinders came off and I was able to really see for the first time what so many people probably hate about "christianity." THE RELIGION THAT DRIVES IT.

Religion is the list of rules that can burden our relationship with God.
Religion can block our ministry and deteriorates our whitness.
Religion can and typically does form hypocrites and develope failure.

If Christianity is about KNOWING God, and God is about loving us where we are, then where does perfection fit in to that? God loves us in our filth and faults. God desires us no matter the past. God wants our devotion even if that devotion is soaked in our flesh. HE desires to help us change. He wont LEAVE us in our mess. He will be with us every turn of the Anvil! Ever moment of change. He desires to make us better but loves us as we are.

In verse 13, we are told as Christians, we were ONCE far away. But the blood of Christ has brought us near. So faith in Jesus Christ and our acceptance of His sacrifice does NOT mean we are to walk a perfect life. BIBLICALLY it means we walk closer to Him! (v.13) And in walking closer to Him, our thoughts mature, grow and improve until we begin to desire the things He desires for us. We begin to see the life in us that He saw/produced for us. And that desire flourishes into a renewed self.

Christians fail on a regular basis. And we also sin on a regular basis. The separation lies in conviction. Conviction is what gives you the desire for change. You are aware of your faults and make an effort to be better. Conviction is the heart of God with in us. And true conviction is when the things that break the heart of our God breaks ours and strengthens us to do something about it.

Conviction brings us to the feet of Christ with a realization of how lost and hopeless we are. Then conviction molds us to reflect His glory more with each lesson we learn.

The most amazing thing about out conviction, and a reason we should be VERY thankful for it, is that it is a true evidence of the God at work in us.

So...I hope you can ask yourself as I have this week and continue to ...what are my convictions for today? What am I doing that is breaking the heart of my God.

Life will happen, its not a straight away and its definitely a rought road at times, but remember, if you walk with God, He is with you to console you, comfort you and love and teach you every step of the way.

Embrace conviction.
Endure the change.
Enjoy the results of a life that reflects Christ!

0 comments: