Thursday, May 20, 2010

Insecurity surmounts...

Insecurity (by definition)

in·se·cure (ns-kyr)
adj.

1. Not sure or certain; doubtful
2. Inadequately guarded or protected; unsafe
3. Not firm or fixed; unsteady
4. Lacking stability; troubled
5. Lacking self-confidence; plagued by anxiety

Insecurity is our greatest guard and our worst enemy. Insecurity tantalizes our thoughts and balances our risky behavior. Insecurity is all in all a win lose situation. It gives you the reality of our situations and the presumption of our fears. The core of insecurity is defeat and destruction. Feeding our fears and driving our tears.

After reading these definitions I realized something. Those who claim to be believers can rest in the Lord to dismount all insecurities. Let me explain:

1. Insecurity says I am not sure. The Bible however states: "Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me." Psalm 54:4 Those who love God, can rest in in knowing that they know what the know is what they know to be true! They can be sure.

2. Insecurity says I am vulnerable. The Bible says: "Let the beloved of the LORD rest secure in Him, for He shields him all day long, and the one the LORD loves rests between His shoulders." Deuteronomy 33:12 When our identity is in the Lord we are guarded and He has our best interest at heart!

3. Insecurity says I am unsteady. The Bible reminds us "If the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand." Psalm 37:23-24 Our lives are steady and stable when we live a life pleasing to the Lord we love.

4. Insecurity says I am troubled. The Bible says: "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God ; trust also in me." John 14:1 and "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27 God pleads with us to trust Him when troubles arise. Our perception is skewed by our limited vision. Trouble to us may be the avenue for blessings later. Trust makes trouble bearable and leaves insecurity lifeless.

5. Insecurity says I am anxious. The Bible says: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Phillipians 4:6 We can take all concerns to the One who can offer our hearts comfort that produces peace! Peace dispels all insecurity. They cannot coexist!

So for every definition of Insecurity the Bible refutes its hold and offers us answers of hope! Let your hearts be comforted in the ONE who desires to give you a hope and a future!

0 comments: