Thursday, May 27, 2010

Fresh Faith...from an random perspective

I woke up this morning and read about wisdom. I drove to work this morning wondering if my life displays wisdom? Solomon was known for wisdom. What made him wise? What did he do that credited his life to be considered "wise." And do I hold qualities that make my life worthy of such?

Makes me think back to the "Sunday school lesson" on the talents. Wisdom comes from the Lord. And according to the story of the talents God gives according to the diligence of His children. Today I wondered if God has given me wisdom in which I have chosen not to utilize. Have I buried my wisdom to hold on to it? Have I used it carelessly or have I taken, learned and applied it? With what I have been given, have I made myself worthy of receiving more? Do I live a life of wisdom or a life where wisdom take a back shelf?

I often consider my opportunities and wonder if I made the most of them. I dont want to look back on my life and see chances I had to be the woman of God I could have been. I wanna know that as God grows and stretches me, that I am acting in accordance.

This morning I was also reminded that our "work" is rooted in our faith. It is at times difficult to act when we have no belief in the action or in the outcome. So I ask...do my actions reflect the strength of my faith or is the depth of my faith too shallow to produce a life resembling my faith.

Faith. Belief. I was raised to know that I know what I know. I was raised in church, a christian school and among peers that "accommodated" my faith. I would say encouraged. However, when you are brought up among "christians" you find quickly that the role itself can at times be as shallow as a role. When faith is a role, it is accommodated. When Faith is a life...it is encouraged and built up! Anyway, When I went to college, I quickly found my faith challenged. I was accused of believing simply because I was told to. Which lead me to really dig and discover what I believed. I wanted to own my faith rather than being handed my faith on a platter in the form of pews, private school tuition and bible studies. I wanted simply what all those things gave me the desire to want. To know that I know what I know!

When you dig. You learn and when you learn you grow. And when you grow...you stumble. You face moments that test what you are taught. Dedication determines the outcome of your stumble. Will you fall and retreat or will you fall and persevere?

I stand now as a 28 year old that stumbles on a daily, if not hourly basis! But I also stand with deep roots in my faith. A faith that is MINE to claim. A faith I can live by because it has been challenged, tested and remained steadfast.

Not as if I have "arrived," because the life of faith is never accomplished...rather it is constantly developed. But now, my faith is to produce a life that exemplifies what I believe. For 'faith without works is dead.'[James]

In any job that you master, you grow tired of the repetition. I am so thankful that my relationship with God is an ongoing pursuit on both parts. Never growing weary of the fresh faith He gives me each day! Helps me see how incredibly blessed I am!

0 comments: